Chancellor's Achievement Awards for Diversity and Community
This award recognizes:
* Exemplary service that embodies the Principles of Community through outstanding leadership in areas of social and/or cultural understanding, local or regional community involvement, and/or collaborations leading to increased knowledge or expertise in areas of special interest to the campus;
* Outstanding efforts toward achieving and/or advancing a diverse and principled academic community, including exemplary service in the areas of student, staff, and faculty recruitment and development;
* Exemplary scholarship having a major impact on community and diversity;
* Exemplary contributions to the success of campus-based outreach efforts;
* Exemplary service to the campus and/or community through active leadership, involvement in pre-college partnership initiatives, etc.
According to a story in "Dateline UC Davis," Professor Oropeza was honored for her socially and politically engaged scholarship, community outreach and unique approach to undergraduate teaching, as well as her mentoring of graduate students.