Advising Center Mission Statement:
The Advising Center exists to cultivate a welcoming and equitable advising experience that strives to honor the diverse identities of our students. The advising team provides honest, accurate, individual guidance to enhance students’ personal, academic, and professional journeys. In addition, we support collaborative efforts with campus partners to showcase holistic ways to navigate the degree. Through these services, we seek to empower students to become individuals who actively engage in their community.
The Department of History Advising Center is open for advising during these hours:
- Appointments: Tuesdays – Fridays 9:00 – 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 – 3:30 p.m.
- Drop-ins: Mondays 1:00 – 4:00 p.m., Tuesdays–Fridays 9:00 – 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- We are located in 2216 Social Sciences and Humanities Building
Schedule your appointment with a staff adviser today! Be sure to select "Economics, History and East Asian Studies."
Our goal is to help you achieve your academic and personal goals. Research has proven that interacting with academic advisers early in your university career can enhance your college success. Comprehensive advising is provided by the Letters & Sciences Dean’s Office and our Advising Center.
The History Undergraduate Advisors
You may also email the Advising Office or the individual advisers who are here to assist you. They are:
- Undergraduate Programs Coordinator: Anya Gibson
- Undergraduate Adviser: Leanna Friedrich
- Undergraduate Adviser: Christina Halliwell
- Undergraduate Adviser: Cindy Mercado
- Undergraduate Adviser: Joann Pyon