Affiliates and Outreach
Complementary programs and affiliated organizations
- Women's and Gender History project is a component of the Department of History.
- California History Social Science Project offers numerous history and social studies instructional and learning resources, with an emphasis on meeting the needs of English learners, native speakers with low literacy, and students from economically disadvantaged communities.
- Environments and Societies is a research initiative that seeks to build cross-disciplinary collaboration in the environmental humanities and humanistic social sciences, and sponsors numerous colloquia presented by guest visiting scholars throughout each academic year.
- Hemispheric Institute on the Americas is an interdisciplinary group that promotes research from an array of perspectives exploring the connections throughout the social, cultural and economic landscape of the Western Hemisphere.
- The History Project conducts professional development programs for public school teachers, aligned with the Common Core and designed to improve students' understanding and literacy in history and social science subject matter.
- Undergraduate Program in Jewish Studies at UC Davis offers a minor with a wide range of courses in different disciplines, including several in history focused on the Holocaust, Israel, Islamophobia and anti-Semitism, as well as Jews in the Muslim world. The minor in Jewish Studies is of interest to humanities and social sciences students, including those in History, Religious Studies, the German program and Sociology.
- Middle East/South Asia Studies Program encompasses academic undergraduate major and minor courses of study in the Department of History at UC Davis, which is the only University of California campus to offer this critically important discipline of study. At the graduate level, it brings together 20 or more graduate students from a range of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.